Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Mother's Day...

Last Sunday was my first Mother's Day with Matthew actually "here". Well, I guess last year was really my first Mother's Day because Matthew was "alive", but actually experiencing him outside of my belly was even better.

My day began like any typical day. I was greeted by my hubby and Pauli, with Matthew crying in the background in hopes to be rescued from his crib. But, instead of going to get my precious boy, Mikey rose to the ocassion and went to get him. Then, there was silence. Matthew, Pauli, and and daddy all went for a car ride. I was told to "sleep in" and that they would be back soon. I must have gotten about twenty more minutes of precious shut eye, and then I was awoken by the amazing smell of Starbucks coffee, my favorite "assalicious" blueberry, apricot muffin, and a huge boquet of flowers. And, the best part....Matthew's big blue eyes staring at me. So surprised, Mikey handed me two cards...One from Matthew and one from him. They were the two most lovely cards I had ever read. And, the one from Matthew had a gift certificate to Massage Envy, my newest and most favorite hang-out.

We spent the entire day as a "family day" and Mike told me he would do any and all pending "honey do's". WOW! "Wake me up, please"! I think I am dreaming!

Then, my parents came over later in the day and my mom and I spent the rest of the day at Burke-Williams. And, when I came home, Matthew was sleeping soundly, AND.....THE DISHES WERE DONE! OMG!

All in all, I could not have asked for a better day. Being a mother is by far, the most amazing, hardest, awesome, rewarding, thankless, trying, lovely, most difficult, did I mention, AMAZING.....job in the world. Matthew is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. As the meaning of his name in The Bible, he truly is "A gift from God".

Happy Mother's Day to all of my mommy friends! WE ROCK!

No comments: