Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Brothers...



As everyone knows, we did not find out the gender of our second child. However, most people, including myself speculated that I was having a girl, based solely on the fact that I carried different, felt different, and craved different foods. Because I thought I was having a girl, I embraced the idea, mentally preparing myself for my new and upcoming adventure.
Yet, I remember a pivotal moment in my life, as my parents were driving away with Matthew in the car so they could watch him while Mike and I drove to the hospital to have Jacob, I became very emotional and came to realize that I really wanted our baby to be a boy. I thought, how amazing it would be to have to boys, so that they could be "brothers", "commrades", and the "best of friends".
Sooooo....My wish came true. A few hours later, as I gave birth to our second child, the phrase "It's a boy", was indeed one of the sweetest utterances I had ever heard. Second only to the sweet sound of Jacob's cry as I held him in my arms for the very first time.
Matthew & Jacob...Here's to many, many memories as Big Brother & Little Brother!!!
Mommy & Daddy love you!!!




No comments: