Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Matthew's Trip to the Emergency Room...




Well, all I can say about my baby is that he is a "trooper." Matthew got that nasty stomach virus back in May. He had been vomiting for three days straight. I was able to keep him comfortable for the first two days with oral Zofran and small amounts of Pedialyte, but by day three, as he became lethargic and spacey, I knew I could not manage him at home anymore. He needed IV fluids. Thank God for friends who work at the ER. The "red carpet" was rolled out as we arrived. Matthew was admitted for seven hours so that he could receive IV fluids. He was very dehydrated. He was such a trooper. He did not even cry when they put his IV in. "Mommy, I want a cast on my other arm too". Wow! And, to top it all of, Stephanie, a child life therapist who I work with was there. Matthew fell in love with her instantly. He would not let her leave the room. Matthew came home with toys, blocks, dolls, etc., all compliements of Stephanie. What a looooong night, but I cannot thank the team at St. Joseph Emergency Department for making an awful situation a little bit better.



No comments: