Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Nine Weeks Pregnant and Feeling so Sick

Our second Doctor's appointment was simply because I was sick. I literally had gotten sick with a cold two days after finding out I was pregnant. And, five weeks later, I was still sick. After playing "superwoman" for five long weeks, I decided it was time to go to the doctor. This is actually the first time I had met Dr. Anzaldo, my OB doctor, as I saw the nurse practitioner the previous visit. Meeting Dr. Anzaldo was such a relief, and I finally understood why everyone goes to him. He was so confident and so caring, as I was very tearful that day. I did not want to take antibiotics, or any other medications during my first trimester. Dr. Anzaoldo did prescribe me antibiotics, as I had a raging sinus infection. His comforting presence made me feel so much better. And, he did an ultrasound just to show me that our little baby was "okay". It was so amazing to see how much the baby had grown in only two short weeks from my previous ultrasound. After two days of antibiotics, I became a new person. My joy of pregnancy was once again restored.

No comments: