Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Doctor's Appointment - 37 Weeks...

Yippeee! We made it! Today, I am 37 weeks pregnant, making our little son full-term. So, when he decides to come, it will not be a problem. This is a huge celebration and relief for me. For some reason, going into pre-term labor has been one of my biggest fears in regards to my pregnancy. I think working at CHOC for so long has gotten to my head because I see what happens when children are born prematurely. Therefore, needless to say, today I woke up and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

And, today, my OB appointment went great as well. My doctor is very pleased with me. My blood pressure has remained low, I still have no swelling in my hands or feet, and most of all, our little son is doing great. My fundal height is still measuring large, which per my doctor, makes our son close to seven pounds now. He is going to be a big boy! I still have no signs of labor and my cervix is closed. My doctor said he is looking more and more like a Fourth of July baby! What a great due date. I would love to go into labor on such a great day!

1 comment:

claudia spaulding said...

Hey Erin

My midwife suggested taking Primrose Oil to soften you cervix. It is working for me and doesn't have any crazy side effects like some of the other methods I have heard about. Not sure if you are interested but thought I'd let you know...I wonder if we will be in the hospital the same day... :)

Claudia