Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am 39 Weeks and STILL HERE!!!

Wow! These past couple of days have been interesting...My friend Sheila at work told me that you know you are close when you literally cannot imagine being pregnant another day. Well, I think I finally feel that way. I am just so ready!!! Yesterday afternoon was a milestone in my pregnancy. I woke up from a nap and was going to meet my friend Kara to go walking. My tummy felt a little tight, but hey, it does that. No big deal, I thought. Then, I started feeling crampy, and then maybe some pain, and yeah, these pains were not really going away. I called Kara and told her that I was not up for walking and told her what was going on. I told her I thought I had "bad gas pains". She kind of laughed and told me she would call me after her walk. Meanwhile, my mother-in-law, who is a labor and delivery nurse, just happened to call me. I told her what was going on, and she really laughed. She said, "it sounds like you are going into labor". WHAT!!! No way! I really was convinced it was gas. So, I rode it out. Timed my contractions, but they were for the most part, erratic. I ended up falling asleep, knowing I would see my OB in the morning and I could find out the real deal...So, I just got back from seeing my OB. I actually saw one of his nurse practitioners. My OB is on vacation this week. Great timing, by the way. Anyways, I explained to her what was going on, and yeah, everyone is in agreement, I have officially started the beginning stages of labor. YIPPEEEEE!!!!! She did a cervical exam. My cervix has progressed and is now dilated to approximately 1.5 cm. Not much progress from last week, but it is progress. She also said my cervix is thinning out...So, it is just a matter of time. How much time, only God knows that. In the meantime, these contractions are a bit interesting. I don't feel bad, but I don't really feel good either. But, overall, I cannot complain. This is such an amazing turning point in our lives, and Mike and I could not be more excited. As soon as our little man makes himself known, we will be sure to let everyone know. For now, think happy thoughts and do the "labor dance" for us!

1 comment:

Kara Ritter said...

Erina Beth~ We want to see some pictures of Matthew!!! :) xoxo