Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

40 Weeks Pregnant - What is going on???

So, I had my 40 week OB check on Wednesday, July 2nd with Dr. Anzaldo. Of course, still not real signs of labor. Just a ton of Braxton-Hicks. I have been walking, eating spicy food, having my feet rubbed...No suck luck! With only two days until my due date, I am just kind of wondering..."what is going on"??? My OB appointment went well. Mike was able to go with me, which is always nice. Dr. Anzaldo checked my cervix. Still no real progess. I am still dilated to approximately 1 1/2 cm with very little effacement. Dr. A did do an ultrasound. Our little man is not so little. He weighs approx. 8 1/2 pounds. Dr. A also said that his head is not putting pressure on my cervix, meaning that my cervix will have a difficult time dilating. Because the holiday weekend is coming up, Dr. Anzaldo wanted to play it safe and send me for a non-stress test on Friday. He said if I do not go into labor by Monday, that he will schedule an induction for that day because he does not want the baby to get any larger. So, here I am...waiting for our little man. I am trying to enjoy the last few days of pregnancy, but my poor mind is just so pre-occupied by when our little man is going to get here. Hurry up little man...Mommy and daddy cannot wait to FINALLY meet you!

No comments: